felix-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DICUSS] Release Apache Felix FileInstall version 3.1.6
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 09:04:59 GMT
On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 09:49, Sahoo <sanjeeb.sahoo@oracle.com> wrote:
> wait(0) causes a thread to wait until notified or interrupted, so why
> why should any CPU cycles be wasted?

You're right, forget about that.

> Secondly, can you also tell me why
> you think it is artificial? Can't the instructions be reordered such
> that the watcher threads start before initialization is complete?

Everything comes down to the fact that the ConfigAdmin support is
started before the other trackers are created and opened IIUC, so on
the JIRA issue, I suggested to simply move that part to the end of the
initialization, so that no DirectoryWatcher threads can be started
before everything is set up.   I think that would solve the problem in
a cleaner way.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet