felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Bootdelegation and Java agent (AspectJ)
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 17:20:56 GMT
Guillaume,

Ok, that reproduced the issue.

I updated your felix-launcher.jar to use Felix framework 3.0.6 since
we've made changes to implicit boot delegation, so it makes more sense
to work from 3.0.6 as a starting point.

I started getting errors for jlp.* classes. I added the jlp.* class to
boot delegation, but this wasn't sufficient because for R4.2 the default
class loader used for boot delegation has changed from the framework
class loader (which was framework implementation specific) to the boot
class loader. So, I also had the add "org.osgi.framework.bundle.parent
app" to your gateway.properties to configure the framework to use the
application class loader for boot delegation (I just guessed that this
would be the correct class loader).

That got me past the jlp.* errors, but then I got errors because the
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl provider could not be found.
As a guess, I added this to the boot delegation property too, which got
the server starting.

However, this still didn't solve the original issue, so I also added
org.aspectj.* to the boot delegation property. This led me to another
error, where the org.apache.xpath.jaxp.XPathFactoryImpl provider could
not be found, so I added that to the boot delegation property too.

This got the admin console loading, but when I logged in I got an error
because the org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl could not
be found, so I added that to the boot delegation property.

Now everything appears to be working, since I was able to access the
admin console and login. I'm not sure if you intended to get all of this
stuff working via boot delegation or not. If not maybe this at least
gives you enough hints about where to go next.

I'd definitely recommend moving to Felix framework 3.0.6 and to Gogo! :-)

-> richard

-> richard

On 12/8/10 8:34, Guillaume Sauthier wrote:
> Sorry for the delay Richard
>
> Can you try with export JAVA_OPTS=... instead of exporting JONAS_OPTS
> (my latest try was with JAVA_OPTS and there was the failure) ?
> Make sure that the -javaagent parameter was really used (ps aux | grep
> weaver)
>
> It's possible that you may need some more PermGenSpace to run theses
> aspects:
> export JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -XX:MaxPermSize=256m"
>
> Thanks
> --G
>
> Le 06/12/2010 18:36, Richard S. Hall a écrit :
>> I'm on a Mac. I did this:
>>
>>   1. export JONAS_ROOT=/Users/rsh/Projects/tmp/jonas-full-5.2.0-M3/
>>   2. export
>>      JONAS_OPTS="-javaagent:/Users/rsh/Downloads/myaspectjweaver.jar"
>>   3. ./bin/jonas start -clean -tui -debug -p 4142
>>   4. goto http://localhost:9000/jonasAdmin and login
>>
>> I don't see any exception. This is the console output snippet after
>> the server starts up and when I login to the admin console:
>>
>> 2010-12-06 12:31:47,218 : J2EEServer.__info : JOnAS AS v5.2.0-M3
>> named 'jonas' RUNNING
>> 2010-12-06 12:33:07,324 : WebappLoader.start : Dual registration of
>> jndi stream handler: factory already defined
>> log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
>> (org.granite.config.GraniteConfigListener).
>> log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
>> 2010-12-06 12:33:11,493 : BaseWebContainerService.registerWar : War
>> jonas-admin-5.2.0-M3.war available at the context /jonasAdmin.
>>
>> When I login the admin console app comes up fine.
>>
>> So, I must be missing a step.
>>
>> -> richard
>>
>> On 12/6/10 11:24, Guillaume Sauthier wrote:
>>> Yeah, the Exception is not thrown by the Felix framework, this is
>>> normal because the searched class is not in the webapp.
>>> I was expecting the framework to actually find something.
>>> The  problem is not the Exception, it's more why the framework
>>> didn't find the libs of the agent.
>>>
>>> To reproduce (I'm using JDK6):
>>> 1. Download JOnAS 5.2M3
>>> (http://wiki.jonas.ow2.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Downloads)
>>> 2. Unzip
>>> 3. export JONAS_ROOT=<path-where-you-unziped-jonas>
>>> 4. export