felix-dev mailing list archives

From Ikuo Yamasaki <yamasaki.i...@lab.ntt.co.jp>
Subject Re: Q regarding ExecutionEnviroment
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2010 01:31:34 GMT
Hi Richard,

Thank you for your comment.

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 09:02:43 -0500
"Richard S. Hall" <heavy@ungoverned.org> wrote:

Richard> On 12/14/10 22:47, Ikuo Yamasaki wrote:
Richard> > CDC Foundation Profile 1.1
Richard> We don't test on it regularly, but we try to not use recent Java
Richard> features, so it should and if not, you can report issues. Currently,
Richard> there is this outstanding issue:
Richard>      https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-2700

That is the issue I have encountered !!

Richard> This was the result of a recent change, so we'll introduce a
Richard> configuration property to disable cache locking for smaller VMs.

Q1. Is my understanding correct ?
- After introducing the configuration property, the Felix framework will
be able to run on CDC FP1.1. However, in that case, "cache locking"
feature will be missed.

Q2. Could you tell me about "cache locking" feature ?
   (What will be a problem in CDC FP1.1 case?)

Q3. When will the configuration property be introduced ?
   (Do you have any timeline ?)

Best regards,

Richard> -> richard

View raw message