felix-dev mailing list archives

From David Savage <david.sav...@paremus.com>
Subject Re: Missing ASL header
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 16:19:40 GMT
Hi Nicolas,

The commit you found replaces the profile files from Eclipse with a
new file which I generated independently. My understanding is that
given this file contains information that is public knowledge to the
Java community, is of a different format and uses different file
access semantics this constitutes it's own IP. As such I'm happy to
apply the ASL header on this basis. If that is acceptable then I will
push an update with this clarification, PM's please advise?

2010/11/29 Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org>:
> Hi,
> I was working on the import of Bushel into Ivy [1], and there were some files under the
EPL which I had to remove from the import. These files were defining the packages which should
be part of the bootstrap classpath depending on the execution environment.
> I then thought I would find such similar files in the source of Felix but ASL friendly.
I have found them: [2].
> But the ASL header is missing. Then I started to wonder if this file was a real ASF one,
and I searched svn and I have found a commit that makes me doubt [3].
> Considering the IP contained is these files, I think that the new file is safe to be
an ASF one. So could you add the ASL header so there won't be any doubt ?
> cheers,
> Nicolas
> [1] http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@ant.apache.org/msg42079.html
> [2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/sigil/common/core/profiles/jvm-packages.properties