felix-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Maven SCR Plugin and ANT
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2010 05:59:50 GMT
Hi all,

Working on FELIX-2642 I was able to get the Maven SCR Plugin also be an
Ant Task. Unlike Maven, though, Ant is not out-of-the-box able to
automatically download task (and other) dependencies from the web. Yet,
for the Ant task to fully function, the QDox, ASM and our own SCR
Annotations library must be available to the task.

The easiest thing would be to just include the QDox, ASM and our own SCR
Annotations libraries inside the maven-scr-plugin JAR file.

What I am unsure about is, whether we should really include the
libraries with the standard maven-scr-plugin JAR file or whether we
should create anonther, Ant-specific, artifact.

>From my POV here are the pros an cons of integrating the libs with the
standard build:

   + easier build
   + resolves a build time dependency problem for maven too
     (the scr.annotations SNAPSHOT needs not be deployed because it
      is already included in the plugin)
   + no additional QDox and ASM downloads
   - bigger size of the JAR file
   - It would probably be impossible to upgrade the QDox or ASM
     dependency for the maven-scr-plugin in a per-plugin dependencies
     section

I currently tend to just include the libraries with the standard build.

WDYT ?

Regards
Felix