felix-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Should Sling itself provide the Enum for SlingFilterScope ?
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2010 07:05:29 GMT
Justin Edelson  wrote
> Personally, I'd like to see the Sling-specific bits factored out of both scr-annotations
and scrplugin. I imagine that other projects (or just other SCR users) might be interested
in a generic annotation extension mechanism as well.

> That said, I haven't spent the time to see if this is feasible.

I think this is already possible today, there is an interface to be
implemented by annotation providers and that's it. So from a technical
pov, factoring out is simply putting the stuff into separate jars.

Initially we decided to keep things simple and put everything into the
plugin and the scr annotations, so people using this stuff need just one
annotation dependency and the plugin.
If we now prefer to keep things separate, I'm fine with that.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org