felix-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Should Sling itself provide the Enum for SlingFilterScope ?
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2010 13:31:32 GMT
Felix Meschberger  wrote
> Hi,
>
> Currently the SlingFilterScope is an scr-annotation-only Enum listing
> two known scope values for filters registered with Sling.
>
> As we are in the process of extending the potential values (and also
> supporting multiple values) - in the current trunk and not yet released
> - I wonder whether Sling should not provide an Enum of the possible
> values and the scr-annotations should really refer to that enum.

I have no real preference here, though I would like to keep things as
simple as possible.

As the enum is evaluated at build time, there is no difference from the
user
perspective: the annotation only supports the enum values from the time the
annotations have been released.
So I think we can keep things dependency free as it is right now.

But we should update the annotations to support latest Sling features :)

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org