felix-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Handling of provisional OSGi API
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 18:36:24 GMT
On 17 Sep 2010, at 18:35 , Richard S. Hall wrote:

> From my point of view, approach (1) might not be awesome, but it results in a simpler
process than (2). So, I'd recommend (1). If the majority prefers (2), then we can do that
(although I think we'll have to run the decision by the board first).

I prefer (1) too.

I could see us combine (1) with (2), releasing implementations with both our own APIs which
gives us the freedom to experiment with a new API whilst still "supporting what's provided
by public releases of draft specs.

In the end, we are an open source project, so we should stick to what's available out in the
open.

Greetings, Marcel


Mime
View raw message