felix-dev mailing list archives

From David Savage <david.sav...@paremus.com>
Subject Re: A long time ago...
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 21:43:54 GMT
On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 7:29 PM, Richard S. Hall <heavy@ungoverned.org> wrote:
>  On 8/5/10 11:47, David Savage wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Richard S. Hall<heavy@ungoverned.org>
>>  wrote:

>>> The main things are:
>>>
>>>   * Make sure that all files of any significance have the Apache
>>>     header in them.
>>>   * In the root of all bundle projects, include LICENSE, NOTICE, and
>>>     DEPENDENCIES files.
>>>         o LICENSE is the standard license text, NOTICE contains any
>>>           required notices from included software, and DEPENDENCIES is
>>>           like an expanded NOTICE where we acknowledge all top-level
>>>           dependencies.
>>>         o These files should ultimately also end up in the META-INF/
>>>           directory of the resulting bundle JAR file.
>>
>> Ok makes sense - just to be clarify I've setup the sigil projects
>> under the following structure:
>>
>> $sigil/common - has dependencies on bnd and osgi.framework and osgi.cmpn
>> $sigil/ivy - has dependency on ivy, common + common deps
>> $sigil/eclipse + has dependency on eclipse, common + common deps
>>
>> Guess it make sense to have different NOTICE/DEPS for each sub module?
>
> If you are planning to only have a single combined release of everything
> (i.e., every release is monolithic), then you can just have one set for all
> of them. However, I'd imagine you'd keep everything modular and allow for
> different release schedules for the various modules, if so then you need one
> set per module.

Right I am debating doing a common/ivy release first as that stuff is
pretty rock solid, the eclipse subsystem is very usable but if it was
a perfect world I'd finish off the runtime/debug support before
pushing that to 1.0

There are sub bundles within those top level subsystems but in general
I think it makes sense initially to release them as a unit, possibly
subsequent bug fixes can be done individually...

So yep looks like I need files per subsystem (at least) at the moment.

Regards,

Dave