felix-dev mailing list archives

From David Savage <david.sav...@paremus.com>
Subject Re: A long time ago...
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 15:47:06 GMT
On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Richard S. Hall <heavy@ungoverned.org> wrote:
>  On 8/5/10 6:41, David Savage wrote:
>>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I realise it's been quite a while since we donated Sigil to Apache and
>> I'm yet to push out a release. That said I've been making quite a bit
>> of progress with it in the background [1] and I'd like to start
>> figuring out what tasks I need to do to get these bundles released.
>>
>> Signing jars seems to be one task that needs doing, also setting up
>> appropriate LICENSE files, but I'm sure there's other stuff. Having
>> not pushed out an apache release before I'd appreciate any pointers to
>> get me going.
>
> The main things are:
>
>   * Make sure that all files of any significance have the Apache
>     header in them.
>   * In the root of all bundle projects, include LICENSE, NOTICE, and
>     DEPENDENCIES files.
>         o LICENSE is the standard license text, NOTICE contains any
>           required notices from included software, and DEPENDENCIES is
>           like an expanded NOTICE where we acknowledge all top-level
>           dependencies.
>         o These files should ultimately also end up in the META-INF/
>           directory of the resulting bundle JAR file.

Ok makes sense - just to be clarify I've setup the sigil projects
under the following structure:

$sigil/common - has dependencies on bnd and osgi.framework and osgi.cmpn
$sigil/ivy - has dependency on ivy, common + common deps
$sigil/eclipse + has dependency on eclipse, common + common deps

Guess it make sense to have different NOTICE/DEPS for each sub module?

>   * Then just follow the release steps in our development
>     documentation section for Nexus, which discusses signing, etc.

Thx I'll take a read through.

> That's pretty much it, I think. You can look at other subprojects for
> specific examples or just ask.

Great, will do.

In terms of staging release artifacts should I push these to my
people.apache.org/dsavage dir - or is there a folder I can access for
felix?

Regards,

Dave