felix-dev mailing list archives

From Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <reto.bachm...@trialox.org>
Subject Re: Felix Scala Project
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 07:39:04 GMT
On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 11:09 PM, Richard S. Hall <heavy@ungoverned.org>wrote:

I'm not too familiar with Scala, so pardon my ignorance.
> So is the proposal to have some sort of Scala-based console/shell? Does
> this mean you can do Scala-based scripting and syntax? Is this something
> that could simply be another shell front end for the Gogo runtime or is it
> somehow completely different?

I must  admit I'm not familiar with OSGi RFC-147 so I'm not sure if it could
be implemented on it.

To be as attractive for people currently not using OSGi it should feel as
much as possible like the scala console, this includes:
- autocompletion with tab
- multi-line expressions (afte an incomplete expression such as one opening,
but not closing a bracket a continuation-prompt appears)

Once we have this we can add a DSL to more easily do OSGi related tasks
(listing services and bundles, accessing services, etc. )