felix-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dürig <michael.due...@day.com>
Subject Re: Felix Scala Project
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 14:21:55 GMT

On 7.7.10 9:28, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer wrote:
> As the JSR 223 scala support currently in Clerezza only runs on OSGi we
> don't have to care about non-osgi meta-inf/services support, it simply
> exposes a ScriptEngineFactory as an osgi service.

Aside: the Scala scripting engine currently used in Apache Sling has
such support. That is, it can be used as standalone scripting engine
exposing the ScriptEngineFactory via meta-inf/services and it also
exposes ScriptEngineFactory as an OSGi service when installed into an
OSGI container. For versatility purposes I think we should integrate
this (and some other features) into the "new to be" Scala scripting
engine based on Clerezza.

Michael