felix-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Proposed Resolution: Establish Apache Karaf as a TLP
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 20:22:25 GMT

On Jun 7, 2010, at 12:52 PM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> Hi Richard,
> This isn't too important, but I have to admit that
>> charged with the creation and maintenance of
>> open-source software related to an OSGI based runtime for
>> creating enterprise servers
> doesn't actually say anything meaningful to me because
> it has too many happy market terms.
> Would it be fair to summarize Karaf as
> "an OSGI-based runtime container that allows various components
> and applications to be dynamically deployed within a Java servlet
> environment"

No.  There is no necessary connection between karaf and servlets or web servers or web applications,
and even with a more general definition of "server" I think this misses the point.   I'm sorry
you don't like our wording, but we tried a lot of variations and this is really the best we
could come up with, and to me it's quite specific and accurate.

david jencks

> ....Roy

View raw message