felix-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Package versioning (was Re: [VOTE] Release webconsole 3.1.0 bundlerepository 1.6.4, karaf 1.6.2 (2nd try))
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 21:36:07 GMT
On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 23:30, Justin Edelson <justinedelson@gmail.com> wrote:
> How could the use clause be used for JavaScript code? It is only
> relevant when there is more than one exporter of a package.

A use clause from the javascript package on to the main webconsole
package would ensure that importer of the javascript package can't be
wired on to an imcompatible webconsole package.   If you don't add
this clause and have a webconsole 3.x and 3.y, you might end up being
wired on to both versions.

> This looks like the type of semantic confusion which arises from
> repurposing manifest headers to represent something they were not meant
> to represent.

Exporting a package with nothing, for the purpose of specifiying a
provided environment (in this case javascript) sounds like a repurpose
to me...

<fmeschbe@gmail.com

not matter that much

a 4.0 version of the

> [...]
> [...]