felix-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Move Karaf as a TLP
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 09:02:06 GMT
Here is nearly full proposal.  The chair name is missing.  I volunteer
to take it at the begining if no one else want to step up.

=================

open-source software related to an OSGI based runtime for
creating enterprise servers for distribution at no charge
to the public.

Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Karaf Project",
Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Karaf Project be and hereby is
related to an OSGI based runtime for creating enterprise
servers; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Karaf" be
and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
of the Apache Karaf Project, and to have primary responsibility
for management of the projects within the scope of
responsibility of the Apache Karaf Project; and be it further

Apache Karaf Project:

  * Chris Custine <ccustine@apache.org>
  * Freeman Fang <ffang@apache.org>
  * Jarek Gawor <gawor@apache.org>
  * Jamie Goodyear <jgoodyear@apache.org>
  * David Jencks <djencks@apache.org>
  * Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org>
  * Charles Moulliard <cmoulliard@apache.org>
  * Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@apache.org>
  * Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jbonofre@apache.org>
  * Gert Vanthienen <gertv@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that XXXXX

be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Karaf, to
serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Karaf PMC be and hereby is
tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
encourage open development and increased participation in the
Apache Karaf Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Karaf Project be and hereby
Felix Karaf sub-project; and be it further

Felix Karaf sub-project encumbered upon the
Apache Felix Project are hereafter discharged.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet