felix-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Diesler <thomas.dies...@jboss.com>
Subject Apache Felix Resolver integration
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2010 07:57:45 GMT
Hi Folks,

The JBossOSGi Framework now sucessfully integrates the Felix Resolver.

The code for the resolver integration is here

By design, this module does not have a dependency on the jboss
framework. Instead it extends the felix resolver API to cleanup and
provide the necessary extension points for an arbitary framework to
integrate with the felix resolver.

Unfortunately, some changes to the felix resolver API were necessary to
remove dependencies on felix framework internals.

I made those changes to the jbosg320 branch
<http://github.com/jbosgi/felix-framework/tree/jbosgi320> on the
felix-framework git-svn mirror
<http://github.com/jbosgi/felix-framework/network>. (You can click on
the blue dots to see the content of the individual commits)

Ideally, and over time those abstract classes in
org.jboss.osgi.framework.resolver would bubble up to the felix code base
and felix would provide a standalone resolver maven artifact that is
independent of the felix framework (I could help with that if needed)

more ...

Thomas Diesler
JBoss OSGi Lead
JBoss, a division of Red Hat