felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Proposed Resolution: Establish Apache Karaf as a TLP
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 13:58:31 GMT
On 6/9/10 1:55, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> I'd remove the first one because it is implied by the second one.
> I'm not really sure what "providing features and services" really tell
> anyone.
> What about:
>     "a platform for creating OSGi-based servers" ?
> I think we're really closed to what we had first (minus the work
> 'enterprise'
> which seems to have been the root of all this thread).

Apparently, "enterprise" was part of the problem. :-)

I am not sure about what more we do with features and services. We can't
really list the specific features, because those may change over time,
so it sort of has to stay generic, but if we are too generic it still
just sounds like OSGi itself. How about something like:

    A generic platform providing higher level features and services
    specifically designed for creating OSGi-based servers.

Not too much different, but highlights the features and services are
higher level (than what standard OSGi provides) and they are
specifically geared toward creating servers.

-> richard