felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Proposed Resolution: Establish Apache Karaf as a TLP
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2010 22:18:46 GMT
On 6/8/10 5:54 PM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> On Jun 8, 2010, at 6:17 AM, Richard S. Hall wrote:
>
>> How about something like:
>>
>>    A generic OSGi-based platform providing features and services for
>>    creating OSGi-based server applications.
>>
> That's much better, in my opinion, though one of those "OSGI-based"
> is probably redundant.

Yeah, I debated that too, but they do serve different purposes. The
Karaf platform itself is a layer on top of OSGi (i.e., it's OSGi based)
and the purpose of Karaf is to help you build OSGi-based servers, not
non-OSGi-based servers. However, if that is clear to everyone saying it
only once, then we just need to decide which "OSGi-based" to remove...

-> richard