felix-dev mailing list archives

From Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>
Subject Re: File install 3.0.0 - avoiding property substitution
Date Thu, 27 May 2010 21:22:46 GMT
Hello everyone,

My question didn't get much attention on my first attempt so I'll make
another one...

Maybe a clarifaction of what I'm trying to do helps. I'm using Karaf as a
deployment container for Camel routes. I start services, using file install,
that house camel routes. The routes are configurable using the configuration
admin via file install. E g I have a general file transfer route in Camel
that looks like this:

...where "mFromUri" and "mToUri" are properties configured via configuration
admin. Camel itself supports a "property concept" and an example of a
"mFromUri" I might want to use is:

This will cause Camel to poll the inbox folder and archive completed files
in a backup folder that is named with todays date.

However, since file install always does property substitution itself (in
this case I want Camel to do it - not file install), the URI sent to Camel
will be:

This is because the strings ${date:now:yyyMMdd} and ${file:name} will be
transformed to empty strings since file install will regard them as
properties that are not defined.

How can I work around this? Any clues?