felix-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Lenzi <le...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Error with UPnP Base driver
Date Thu, 27 May 2010 09:33:28 GMT
On 27/05/2010 9.47, charbel el_kaed wrote:

> Hi Stephano,
>
> During the step:
> 3 - stop Felix with the command stop 0 (if you stop it with ^C or by killing java the
next steps will fail)
> Ok
>
> Then starting felix with java -jar bin\felix.jar -Dfelix.log.level=5

If you start felix with
java -jar bin\felix.jar -Dfelix.log.level=5
the log level would not be changed you have to modify config.properties file

> The upnp base driver is already installed actually, so step 6 is not necessary
> Maybe I am missing something ?

Probably I was not clear, let me explain the goal and how to achieve it.
The goal is to debug the classloader wiring produced by Felix for UPnP
Base Driver which is failing. The procedure that I gave you should
achieve the goal, in fact Felix print out the wiring when it resolve
them, which it happens when a bundle is active. So to get the wiring
printed we have to start the UPnP Base Driver (installing it is not
enough), but on the other hand we want to minimize the printing to easy
read the wiring.

The step 6 of the procedure is used for starting the UPnP Base Driver
after all the other bundles so that only his wiring will be printed out.
In fact, if you noticed the output of step 5 the status of UPnP Base
Driver should either installed or resolved. In case that, the status of
UPnP Base Driver is active it means that you missed something either
during step 2 or step 3

> Or you mean I should change the log.level=5 in the config file?

Yes, you have to change it. See my comment above