felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release fileinstall 2.0.10, gogo 0.4.0, bundlerepository 1.6.2, bundleplugin 2.1.0
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 15:52:02 GMT
+1 for OBR:

    * It's NOTICE file says it includes OSGi code, but it doesn't.
    * The changelog hasn't been updated since 1.4.3.

+1 for bundleplugin:

    * It's NOTICE file also says it includes OSGi code, but it doesn't.
    * NOTICE file copyright year is still 2009.
    * The changelog hasn't been updated.

+1 for Gogo:

    * Commands, console, and runtime should depend on the official OSGi
      JAR files, not the Felix ones.
    * Commands' NOTICE file also says it includes OSGi code, but it doesn't.
    * Commands, console, launcher, and runtime NOTICE file copyright
      year is still 2009.
    * Launcher JAR includes OSGi classes, but only says it uses them.

Clearly, we have some NOTICE file issues and we still need to change the
way we deal with NOTICE files. Did we ever come to a conclusion how to
handle this? We also apparently need to update our release process to
document the inclusion of changelogs and make this consistent across
releases.

-> richard