felix-dev mailing list archives

From stephane frenot <stephane.fre...@insa-lyon.fr>
Subject Re: Some problems
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 17:07:34 GMT

> I rarely ever build the entire trunk...this is for two reasons:
>
>  1. The build setup just sucks.

OOO, yes.. It should be modified to be standard...

>  2. It is rarely necessary since most subprojects should only depend
>     on released versions so building for snapshots is typically not
>     necessary, so I just build what I need.

I agree, I do the same, but not my students... They are loosing hours
rebuilding things that are not compiling, and I cannot let them alone at the
bigginning.

> Of course, I am not against improvements, however...

Do you think I can commit modification directly ? if I open a jira issue ?

/stephane

--
http://perso.citi.insa-lyon.fr/sfrenot
work here : http://tinyurl.com/2ts4xf