felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: org.osgi.framework.system.packages
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2010 14:40:52 GMT
On 4/29/10 10:27, Jackson, Bruce wrote:
> Yes, that's what I meant, thank you. This is obviously used by the class
> loader to allow access to packages outside of the java.* namespace. Do you
> also happen to know where this is read from the ExtensionManager (i.e. what
> parses the comma seperated list of packages and determines what is available
> to bundles)?

Nothing technically "determines" which packages are available, it is
just a property set in the default.properties file inside the framework
JAR file (or overridden by the user using the appropriate properties).
The extension manager loads the default system packages if none were
specified in the framework configuration. The processing of the
properties uses variable substitution to determine on which JRE you are
executing and then select the appropriate list of packages.

If you are actually interested in the parsing of that header, parsing
occurs in ManifestParser.java.

-> richard