felix-dev mailing list archives

From Sahoo <Sa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Http service and servlet name
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 04:14:12 GMT
How does that work? The HTTP service implementation is supposed to call
Servlet.init(ServletConfig) and Servlet.getServletConfig() must return
the same ServletConfig back. User does not create ServletConfig object
and pass to HTTP service. The javadoc for getServletConfig says the

/Returns a servlet config object, which contains any initialization
parameters and startup configuration for this servlet. This is the
ServletConfig object passed to the init method; the init method should
have stored this object so that this method could return it.

Sten Roger Sandvik wrote:
> Hi.
> It is not possible to set servlet-name with the current version of Felix
> Http Service. An issue has been filed on this:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-2137. Had plans for fixing this
> a while back, but it's been a crazy couple of months. For now you probably
> need to wrap your servlet to provide a wrapped ServletConfig with the name
> set.
> BR,
> Sten Roger Sandvik
> 2010/4/20 Jackson, Bruce <brucej@qualcomm.com>
>> Does anyone happen to know: what is the equivalent to the <servlet-name>
>> tags in the web.xml for programmatically using the OSGi http service?
>> Do I put these into the Dictionary object passed into the registerServlet()
>> method, and if so, what is the key entry for the Dictionary?
>> Thanks
>> Bruce

View raw message