felix-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Walker <r...@ascert.com>
Subject Re: Http service and servlet name
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 14:29:31 GMT
Interesting question Jackson.

Our stuff here has all been standalone - so we've really only cared
about the servlet class/instance and the alias it was mounted on.

I'd guess there are some standard web container semantics for how
getServletName should derive it's name - don't recall any specifics in
the OSGi HttpService spec, otherwise I think we'd have implemented them
already. Shouldn't be hard to do though if it is based on a well known
Dictionary property mapping. The only thing would be how to keep this
approach  "standard" for other OSGi implementations of the service. I'd
guess that would need amendment to the standard so everyone followed the
same model

- Rob

On 21/04/2010 4:10 PM, Jackson, Bruce wrote:
> There are some third party frameworks (in my case, I'm using Echo 3) that use this value
for tracking of application instances. If it can't be set, all Echo-based apps will interfere
with one another.
>  From the spec, it looks like the Dictionary passed into registerServlet() should be
used to create the ServletContext object, which in turn has a getServletName method. Thus,
I assumed there was some item in the Dictionary that was used for this purpose.

Ascert - Taking systems to the Edge
+44 (0)20 7488 3470

View raw message