felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Fragment-Host's bundle-version not being honored in 2.0.4
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 13:17:05 GMT
On 4/7/10 16:41, jspeton wrote:
> According to this bug https://cwiki.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-1795
> bundle-version support in Fragment-Host header should work as of 2.0.2, yet
> it is not being honored for me.
>
> Here is my situation:
> 1. Two bundle hosts, with the same symbolic name, but with different
> versions 1.6.1 and 1.6.2.
> 2. Two bundle fragments, with the same symbolic name, and with the same
> symbolic name fragment host from (1).  The bundle-version of the two
> fragments is 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 (they are kept in sync to avoid confusion).
>
> In other words, I am expecting that version 1.6.1 of the host will resolve
> the 1.6.1 fragment, and the 1.6.2 host will resolve the 1.6.2 fragment.
>
> What I am finding is that the 1.6.2 fragment is resolving to both the 1.6.1
> and 1.6.2 hosts.  I know the 1.6.1 class loader is correct, as is the 1.6.2,
> but using getResourceAsStream from either host always gets me the 1.6.2
> version.  Both bundle-version parameters are expressed as single versions,
> e.g. bundle-version="1.6.2", although I have tried "[1.6.2,1.6.2]" as well
> to no avail.
>
> Am I doing something wrong or is this feature still bugged?  Why is the
> 1.6.2 fragment in the classpath of the 1.6.1 classloader?

What is the version range in your Fragment-Host header? If your
fragments match both hosts, then the resolver will try to attach the
highest version fragment to each host. This is correct. If you only want
your fragments to attach to a specific host version, then your
Fragment-Host header should only match that version.

-> richard