felix-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OBR.resolve(NO_LOCAL_RESOURCES)
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2010 12:03:07 GMT
NO_LOCAL_RESOURCES does not take into account local resources (i.e.
resources created for bundles installed in your framework).   This means
that any constraint will be solved by either the system bundle, or one of
the resource from the configured repositories.  They will thus be listed in
the required resource list.

Note that if you don't use this flag, local resources will be used, but
those are currently removed from the required resource list, so you only
have the resources that need to be installed.

To get back to your earlier problem, I don't understand how you can end up
with resources with  null uri, unless you give the resolver a list of
repositories, and this list contains the local resources.

That's why I'd like to better understand what you're trying to achieve and
we'll find a way to do it.

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 11:56, Arjun Panday <arjun.panday@alcatel-lucent.com
> wrote:

> Guillaume,
>  If you use the NO_LOCAL_RESOURCES flag, your resolution should not contain
>> any local resources,
> What you describe here is the normal behaviour of the resolver without any
> flag; and it was the whole point of JIRA:FELIX-692
> What exact feature did you mean to implement with this flag?
> /arjun
>  Guillaume (i believe this is for you),
>>> I'm still testing the new bundlerepository from the trunk..
>>> I noticed recently that, when i use the NO_LOCAL_RESOURCES flag in the
>>> resolver, all the local resources required by my resolution have a null
>>> URI.
>>> My intent when using NO_LOCAL_RESOURCES is purposely to NOT ignore the
>>> resources present in my resolver's framework and to extract a "pure OBR"
>>> resolution, independant of the framework instance that computed it;
>>> therefore i need all the computed resources along with their URIs with
>>> respect to the OBR location.
>>> Can you please look into this? Do you agree with my interpretation of the
>>> Thanks,
>>> Arjun

Guillaume Nodet
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/