felix-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject [Heads up] New Utils subproject
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 08:49:16 GMT
I've just created a new Utils subproject.
The goal is to put there classes that can be reused and shared across
subprojects.  Each subproject can either embed the required packages or
import them as they want.
Currently, it includes the following packages:
  * org.apache.felix.utils.collection:  IteratorToEnumeration,
  * org.apache.felix.utils.filter: FilterImpl (a Filter implementation
supporting the subset / superset operators)
  * org.apache.felix.utils.log: Logger (a simple logger that delegates to
the Log service if present, stderr if not)
  * org.apache.felix.manifest: osgi headers parsing
  * org.apache.felix.version: VersionRange, VersionTable (cache of version),
VersionCleaner (to transform a string such as a maven version into a correct
osgi version)

If you have a similar class in on the subproject you're working on, please
consider switching to those version, enhancing if needed.  The goal is
really to share this code and come up with useful clases, so any use case
that's not covered needs to be.
Also, now is the time to refactor those classes as needed, once they'll be
release, it'll be a bit more difficult to incorporate major refactoring.

I'll work on bundlerepository and bundleplugin asap to leverage those

Guillaume Nodet
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
Open Source SOA