felix-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Review / release OBR 2.0.0
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 10:41:36 GMT
I've done a fait amount of changes to OBR those last weeks and I think
it could deserve a release asap.
However, i'd like to have a few people reviewing the new API so that
we all agree on it before starting the release process.
For those who haven't followed the stream of JIRA issues, here is a
short summary:
   * a new API named org.apache.felix.bundlerepository is available,
it's mostly based on the org.osgi.service.obr one
      but include a lot of small improvements
   * the org.osgi.service.obr isn't shipped anymore, but the if
present, a wrapper service will be exposed to offer compatibility
      with previous versions of OBR
   * the speed has been improved by a factor x10 or more (both parsing
and resolution)
   * ability to not resolve / install optional resources
   * support for requirements as an input for the resolution
   * support global constraints and capabilities

Feedback welcomed.   If there aren't any, I plan to start a release
early next week.

Guillaume Nodet
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
Open Source SOA