felix-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: trunk still does not build
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2010 17:06:08 GMT
Hello Clement,

On Mar 26, 2010, at 9:29 , Clement Escoffier wrote:

> On 26.03.2010, at 17:23, Marcel Offermans wrote:
>>> That's a good idea ;-)
>> Whilst I don't mind too much doing that, I'm wondering why our build cannot support
subprojects that have failing tests? I mean as long as I'm not releasing anything, a project
that is in flux might have a few test cases that are broken, right? That should not affect
our whole build in a way that it makes life hard on everybody else.
>> Is it really not possible to have a solution where having tests that fail is not
a problem?
>> If not, then just disable that test for now.
> There is several things that are possible:
> - setting 'testFailureIgnore=true' ignore test failures (not sure about errors).

I'm no expert on what this option does, but it sounds like a solution.

> - executing the tests only when a 'test' profile is enabled. That was my choice for iPOJO
because of the number of tests.

That's certainly an option, so the normal build someone does simply builds the artifacts without
any tests whatsoever, and on the CI servers we run this test profile that enables all of them
(probably combined with that option you mention so the build does continue even if it encounters
test failures).

Does this make sense (to the more Maven experienced amongst us)?

Greetings, Marcel

View raw message