felix-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Is there any way to get a more up to date maven-bundle-plugin?
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 19:24:13 GMT
Hi Chris,

So it turns out that Peter has a secret stash of bnd versions that
don't get to standard maven repos.  I suggest that the maven-bundle-
plugin just includes the bnd classes so it can be updated reasonably
often without forcing everyone to put peters' repo in their nexus
configuration.

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-2176

I can't see any use in:
1. the copied Builder class, so I just removed it
2.   src/main/java/org/apache/felix/bundleplugin/
PackageVersionAnalyzer.java  which really doesn't compile any more, so
I commented out the code.  If this is really not needed then obviously
it would be better to remove this class entirely.

The tests pass and it seems to work on a sample project, and the new
flags work great.  If anyone can identify problems from the removed
code I'll try to fix them.... otherwise it would be pretty handy to
have this applied.

thanks
david jencks