felix-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: web console and multiple HTTP Service
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2010 06:37:18 GMT
Hi,

On 30.03.2010 02:51, Sahoo wrote:
> Should not there be a way to select an HTTP Service among multiple ones?
> In environment supporting multiple "virtual servers [1]," an HTTPService
> maps to a virtual server. In such an environment, this feature will be
> useful. We can actually take a filter criteria as a configuration. Any
> comments?

To be honest, we never had the requirement and thus we just register
with whatever HTTP Service is provided by the framework.

If there are multiple services active in the framework, I could imagine
it would make sense to be able to bind to more than just a (more or
less) randomly selected one.

How about this: There is a configuration option allowing to specify a
service selection filter (used as the filter argument to the
BundleContext.getServiceReferences(String clazz, String filter)
method). If this property is not set, the console binds to all HTTP
Services available. Otherwise it binds to only the services matching the
filter - actually not binding at all if there is no matching Service.

WDYT ?

Regards
Felix