felix-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: trunk/webconsole fails to build
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 11:17:22 GMT
Hi,

On 23.03.2010 10:20, Sahoo wrote:
> Obviously, I am not tracking all the conversation on this topic. I
> noticed there was a SNAPSHOT dependency introduced from webconsole to
> obr and that required me to do a  build that includes at least those two
> modules. Since I did not carefully see what other modules have SNAPSHOT
> dependency among themselves, I decided to do a full build. You seem to
> be saying that you have fixed the SNAPSHOT dependency issue in
> webconsole, so that's great. Let me update webconsole to explore its
> dependency on obr bundle before unnecessarily taking your and other's time.

Hmm, you are scratching an interesting and important surface here: We
(bundle developers) should probably be more careful to (a) ensure our
SNAPSHOT dependencies are actually deployed to some SNAPSHOT repository
and (b) ensure we deploy our own SNAPSHOTs more regularly ...

> About build failure, it will be definitely good if CI server sends build
> failure message to dev@ alerting people.

It actually sends such failures to the commits list .... Maybe the
failures should go to the dev list while the successes may just as well
not be sent out alltogether.

I agree with Sahoo, that we should retarget the build failure messages.

Regards
Felix