felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Framework trunk
Date Sun, 21 Mar 2010 08:30:04 GMT
On 3/9/10 10:26, Richard S. Hall wrote:
> On 3/5/10 10:55, Jarek Gawor wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In Geronimo we also running into some problems with the latest
>> framework/resolver. Specifically, a bundle that exports the same
>> package with different versions seems to be causing problems. You can
>> reproduce the problem we are seeing by installing the following
>> bundles:
>>
>> http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/felix/org.apache.felix.configadmin/1.2.4/org.apache.felix.configadmin-1.2.4.jar

>> http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/felix/org.apache.felix.eventadmin/1.2.2/org.apache.felix.eventadmin-1.2.2.jar

>> http://repository.ops4j.org/mvn-snapshots/org/ops4j/pax/logging/pax-logging-api/1.4.1-SNAPSHOT/pax-logging-api-1.4.1-20100213.165007-16.jar

>> http://repository.ops4j.org/mvn-snapshots/org/ops4j/pax/logging/pax-logging-service/1.4.1-SNAPSHOT/pax-logging-service-1.4.1-20100213.165007-16.jar

>> http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/mina/mina-core/2.0.0-RC1/mina-core-2.0.0-RC1.jar

>> When starting the mina-core package you'll see "ResolveException:
>> Constraint violation for package 'org.slf4j.helpers' "
>>
>> Same set of bundles resolve/start fine on Felix 2.0.4 or Equinox.
>
> Just a follow up...I think I see what is going wrong here...not
> exactly sure how I will fix it yet, but I see the issue at any rate.
>
> In short, the new resolver thinks there is a conflict because the two
> exports are different capabilities, but since they come from the same
> bundle this isn't really a conflict. So, I will need to put some sort
> of check in there to special case this situation I think.
>
> Hopefully, I will have a fix tomorrow.

Sorry that this took me a little longer than I anticipated, but I just
committed what I believe is a fix for this issue. The example bundles
now resolve for me.

I have deployed new snapshots for framework and main that include this
fix and fixes for a few other issues. Let me know if you still have issues.

-> richard

>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/dosgi/trunk