felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: [OBR] Requirement of being extended
Date Sat, 06 Mar 2010 18:40:29 GMT
On 3/5/10 9:20, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> WIth the extender pattern being more and more used, I think bundle
> repository is missing a way to express.
> I'm wondering about defining a new namespace for that.
> A blueprint bundle would have a requirement:
>       <requirement name="extender"
> filter="(&(extender=org.osgi.service.blueprint)(version>=1.0.0))" />
> While a blueprint extender would have the following capability:
>       <capability name="extender">
>       </capability>
> Thoughts ?

This is the whole point of having a generic capability/requirement
model, you can model whatever you want.

We should be cognizant of the fact that we are defining a non-standard
namespace, though, and should like do something like reverse domain
naming to avoid potential collisions. In the future, it may be possible
that OSGi defines a standard namespace for extenders.

-> richard

View raw message