felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Just Felix bits
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 14:46:37 GMT
On 2/8/10 4:03, Jaroslav Tulach wrote:
> Dear Felix developers.
>
> We are reusing
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachefelix-001/org/apache/felix/org.apache.felix.framework/2.0.3/org.apache.felix.framework-2.0.3.jar
> in NetBeans. However, we need just the org.apache.** interfaces, we deliver
> the org.osgi.** bits in its own JAR.
>
> Right now we download the above JAR and remove the org.osgi.** bits manually.
> It would however be more "standard" if we reused upstream JAR produced by your
> project directly.
>
> Do you have JAR with just org.apache.** classes? Can you produce it for some
> future version of Felix?

We used to package the framework as two different JARs, one with the
OSGi API and one with the framework bits. This was deemed inconvenient
for users so we eventually merged them.

You may want to think twice about this, though, since frameworks are
allowed to provide their own implementations of classes in the OSGi JAR.
They might not be happy if you give them the standard version.

-> richard