felix-dev mailing list archives

From pablomj <pablom...@hotmail.es>
Subject Re: Felix on Android
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 18:20:26 GMT

Hi everyone, I know what is my current problem.

the problem is in this try

    void launchFelix()
    {
    	Log.d("Felix", "About to start Felix...");
    	// Create a configuration property map
    	String cacheDir = null;
    	//String FELIX_CACHE_DIR =
"/data/data/net.luminis.android.felix/cache";
    	try {
			cacheDir = File.createTempFile("skifta", ".tmp").getParent();
		} catch (IOException e) {
			Log.d("Felix", "unable to create temp file", e);
			return;
		}
.
.
.

Because I don't have permissions to write in the /sdcard directory of the
emulator. So, the program can't create the temp file.

somebody knows how I can add permissions to this directory?
Thanks.

clement escoffier wrote:

> On 15.02.2010, at 18:56, pablomj wrote:
>

>> Hi everyone, here are my advances,
>>
>> I reviewed all steps, I can instanciate a Felix object like in your
>> example.
>> It was a problem with dependencies.
>>
>> Proving for install for start and stop a bundle I made in the code:
>>
>>            BundleContext newBundle = m_felix.getBundleContext();
>>            bb.installBundle(pathOfTheBundle);
>>
>> When...now my problem is this pathOfTheBundle, I tried put in
>> pathOfTheBundle "/data/felix/EnglishDictionary.jar" (location where I put
>> this bundle with adb push ..... in console )and some variants, but always
>> is
>> an wrong path. What I must express my bundle location?
>>
>> Can anybody help me? Thanks again.
>
> Try with: file:/data/felix//EnglishDictionary.jar.
>
> Be also aware that this location is not available on regular devices. For
> such kind of manipulation, you should use the external storage (generally
> /sdcard, but use the Environment class to get the root). (you can also use
> the internal application assets).
>
> Regards,
>
> Clement
>

>> Regards, Pablo.
>>

>> Jackson, Bruce wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, you can.
>>>
>>> In the code I sent you, you'll see that you can get a handle to the
>>> BundleContext for the framework itself. From this you can then call:
>>>
>>> context.installBundle(String location);
>>>
>>> to install your own bundles.

and

what