felix-dev mailing list archives

From Toni Menzel <t...@okidokiteam.com>
Subject Re: Continuous build updated to Maven 2.2.1
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 09:36:01 GMT
On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Toni Menzel schrieb:
> > This is actually "home made" by placing integration tests in the
> component
> > under test.
> > This way you create a chicken egg problem. The tests (executed before
> bundle
> > is being packaged, see maven lifecycle) grabs any older version of the
> > component it finds (matching the group+artifact+version) wich usually not
> > what you want to test.
>
> No, this is probably not a chicken/egg problem: the integration tests
> run in the integration-test phase, which comes after packaging. Moreover
> the SCR bundle under test is loaded from the local target folder and not
> through maven to ensure using the correct version.

Always learning new things;) Actually i never use the integration-test phase
because of "prefer mvn install over mvn package". So I would never rely in
package builds when using a bigger reactor builds.
Because of that you are back to the chicken-egg. - you cannot really
"revoke" a install(ed) build.

Anyway, if it works for scr, very good! Should have looked into it a bit
deeper. ;)

--
Toni Menzel
Independent Software Developer