felix-dev mailing list archives

From Kiev Gama <kievg...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Bundle viewer
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 14:45:17 GMT

Hello,

It's not a very lightweight solution as a "bundleviewer", but we have provided a plugin for
the VisualVM in the Chameleon project: http://wiki.chameleon.ow2.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/AdminTools

If you download the VisualVM 1.2 or above, you can install the OSGi plugin directly from the
plugins center in the Menu Tools > Plugins.

So you would need VisualVM + OSGi + the JMX bundle, and connect the VisualVM to your OSGi/JVM
process.

You get info about manifest headers, list of bundle contents and provided services, as well
as bundle lifecycle operations. However, if the interaction concerns manifest changing, it
would not be possible with the tool.

If anyone is interested in improved tool features, please let us know :)

Regards,
Kiev

> Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 00:30:10 +0100
> Subject: Re: Bundle viewer
> From: toni@okidokiteam.com
> To: dev@felix.apache.org
>
> A very cheap + felix related solution would be: fileinstall + webconsole.
> But also overpowered to some extend.
> Best would be a platform optimized solution:
> Mac users probably would like to have a Quck View Implementation for Bundles
> that automatically show the manifest.mf . ;)
>
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 10:49 PM, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com>wrote:
>
> > Yeah, that's my understanding as well.  I think that an visual interactive
> > tool would be handy.
> >

> > On Nov 23, 2009, at 1:39 PM, Richard S. Hall wrote:
> >
> >  I think BND can be used as a viewer, but it is more of a command-line
> >> thingy.
> >>
> >> -> richard

> --
> Toni Menzel
> Software Developer
> Podbielskistr. 262
> 30655 Hannover
> toni@okidokiteam.com

Windows Live Hotmail: Your friends can get your Facebook updates, right from HotmailĀ®.
http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/see-it-in-action/social-network-basics.aspx?ocid=PID23461::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-xm:SI_SB_4:092009