felix-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart McCulloch <mccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removing imports in bundles generated by Maven bundle plugin
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 18:23:53 GMT
2009/11/24 Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com>

> When converting 3rd party jars it's my understanding that it's a good idea
> that if it's a "leaf" jar, i.e. has no deps, then it should not import what
> it exports.
>
> It's not clear to me how I should configure the bundle plugin to do this.

the Bnd tool handles the manifest generation, see:

   http://aqute.biz/Code/Bnd#export-package

specifically the ";-noimport:=true" package attribute:

   Export-Package= org.foo.bar.*;-noimport:=true

alternatively you can use negated entries in Import-Package:

   Import-Package: !org.foo.bar, *

HTH

Regards,

--