felix-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias K├╝spert <mkuesp...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: FELIX-14 Implement UserAdmin
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2009 23:56:56 GMT
<off topic>

No offense meant - that's it: submitting patches, getting merrier but still
underlying processes vs. direct commits and releases without a vote ... as
an Apache/Felix subproject I'm not able to make a 'fast release' aka
Bugfix/Maintainance - versions, not SNAPSHOTs - to react to customer needs
as needed at least in the adolecent phase of a bundle project.

Second, I'm not sure if the Felix project should really host all those
companion and tooling services itself. Maybe the subprojects which don't
have dependencies on the Felix core (and could be run on any framework)
should be moved to a separate project, i.e. 'OSGi services' to differ
between framework, tools and more.

Thinking this way OPS4J seems to be the right place for a 'pre-incubator'
for such tooling efforts, not only because of the low entry barrier.
However, I'd be glad  to provide patches and make my way up :-)

</off topic>

Back to the original subject: the UserAdmin service

@Adam: looking forward to see your code ... where do you store your
user-data? Would it make sense to have a new StorageProvider type?
@all: what do you think about the Pax UserAdmin design/implementation? Be
honest - I can stand it.

Cheers.
Matthias