felix-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias K├╝spert <mkuesp...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: FELIX-14 Implement UserAdmin
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2009 21:38:49 GMT
Sorry for being late, but I was 'on the road' ...

we have a UserAdmin implementation over at Pax@OPS4J [1] which implements
the whiteboard extender pattern to plug in various data storage providers
(currently PreferencesService and LDAP are supported).

The PreferencesService provider is based on the layout of the Equinox
UserAdmin [2] and the LDAP provider uses standard LDAP schemes.

If you are interested we could join forces.

That leaves the question where to keep it. Personally I have no problem with
retiring the OPS4J project in favour of a Felix subproject, but I'm not
sure about how to maintain it there since I'm not an Apache member - OPS4J
definitly has the lower entry-barrier ;-)

WDYT?

Cheers,
Matthias

[1] http://www.ops4j.org/projects/pax/useradmin/index.html