felix-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Continuous build updated to Maven 2.2.1
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 09:29:04 GMT

Toni Menzel schrieb:
> This is actually "home made" by placing integration tests in the component
> under test.
> This way you create a chicken egg problem. The tests (executed before bundle
> is being packaged, see maven lifecycle) grabs any older version of the
> component it finds (matching the group+artifact+version) wich usually not
> what you want to test.

No, this is probably not a chicken/egg problem: the integration tests
run in the integration-test phase, which comes after packaging. Moreover
the SCR bundle under test is loaded from the local target folder and not
through maven to ensure using the correct version.

So, it is rather related to test timing issues, I fear.

I will look into hardening the tests ... until then there might be some
builds which fail due to SCR and/or configadmin -- especially since we
build everything at once.

> Solution: put the integration tests into its own projects. Sounds nuts but
> is just logical.
> Also it would be good to upgrade to exam 1.2.0 (currently 0.6).

Ok, thanks for pointing to this new release. Will update.

> Toni
> On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 5:52 PM, Marcel Offermans <
> marcel.offermans@luminis.nl> wrote:
>> I just updated the continuous build, running on Bamboo, to Maven 2.2.1
>> because I needed a feature (compiling tests against a different
>> source/target JVM than the bundle itself) which seemed to be broken in
>> earlier versions.
>> Initially, after going to the new Maven, a test case failed, but running
>> the build again made it succeed, so I'm assuming there is some kind of race
>> condition in the test. See:
>> http://opensource.bamboo.atlassian.com/build/viewTestCaseHistory.action?buildKey=FELIX-DEF&testClassName=org.apache.felix.scr.integration.ServiceBindTest&testCaseName=test_optional_single_static
>> Perhaps one of the SCR guys could have a look at this?
>> Greetings, Marcel

View raw message