felix-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [fileinstall] review changes before release
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 12:30:19 GMT
I've done some testing, but I can't really reproduce the exact behavior.
Here's what I have:

14:15:53,978 | DEBUG | lixDispatchQueue | fileinstall
    | ?                                   ? | BundleEvent RESOLVED
14:15:54,017 | INFO  | nerated-bundles} | fileinstall
    | ?                                   ? | {felix.fileinstall.poll
(ms) = 1000, felix.fileinstall.dir =
/Users/gnodet/work/felix/git/karaf/assembly/target/apache-felix-karaf-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT/deploy,
felix.fileinstall.debug = -1, felix.fileinstall.bundles.new.start =
true, felix.fileinstall.tmpdir =
/Users/gnodet/work/felix/git/karaf/assembly/target/apache-felix-karaf-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT/data/generated-bundles,
felix.fileinstall.filter = null}
14:15:54,017 | INFO  | FelixStartLevel  | fileinstall
    | ?                                   ? | Starting initial scan
14:15:54,032 | INFO  | nerated-bundles} | fileinstall
    | ?                                   ? | Started bundle:
file:/Users/gnodet/work/felix/git/karaf/assembly/target/apache-felix-karaf-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT/deploy/org.apache.felix.karaf.shell.obr-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
14:15:54,034 | DEBUG | lixDispatchQueue | obr
    | ?                                   ? | BundleEvent RESOLVED
14:15:54,035 | DEBUG | lixDispatchQueue | obr
    | ?                                   ? | BundleEvent STARTED
14:15:55,006 | DEBUG | lixDispatchQueue | obr
    | ?                                   ? | BundleEvent STOPPED
14:15:55,007 | DEBUG | lixDispatchQueue | obr
    | ?                                   ? | BundleEvent UNRESOLVED
14:15:55,007 | DEBUG | lixDispatchQueue | obr
    | ?                                   ? | BundleEvent UPDATED
14:15:55,022 | DEBUG | lixDispatchQueue | obr
    | ?                                   ? | BundleEvent RESOLVED
14:15:55,024 | DEBUG | lixDispatchQueue | obr
    | ?                                   ? | BundleEvent STARTED
14:15:55,024 | INFO  | nerated-bundles} | fileinstall
    | ?                                   ? | Updated
/Users/gnodet/work/felix/git/karaf/assembly/target/apache-felix-karaf-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT/deploy/org.apache.felix.karaf.shell.obr-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
14:15:55,025 | DEBUG | lixDispatchQueue | framework
    | ?                                   ? | FrameworkEvent PACKAGES
REFRESHED

The above log is a trimmed down version of karaf after a restart with
an update on the obr bundle located in the deploy folder between the
stop and restart.

What happens is that when the framework is restarted, the deployed
bundle is started by the framework.  When fileinstall is then started,
it will update the obr bundle (so it will be stopped and restarted).

One possible thing that may happen is some kind of interaction between
the start level service and fileinstall.  But if the start level of
the bundle is higher than the current start level, the framework
should not really start the deployed bundle when fileinstall asks to
do so until the start level has been raised.  So I don't think there
is any possible issue here.

Can you check from your side ?

--
Cheers,