felix-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [karaf] Including support for plain wars using pax-web
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 09:43:35 GMT
I think it would be wise to keep one distribution without pax-web, but
i think it also makes sense to have one with pax-web too.
There's still a lot of work to do on the features-maven-plugin which
should allow to easily create custom distributions of karaf by adding
some features to it.  I guess the problem will become where to stop ?
Because we could also include support for JPA and transactions, etc...
So we need to discuss which distributions would make the more sense,
and also enhance this plugin to allow users to very easily create a
custom distribution from a bare distribution + a set of features to

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 11:38, Filippo Diotalevi
<filippo.diotalevi@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com> wrote:
>> So If you launch a bare karaf, you can do the following:
>> karaf@root> features:install webconsole
>> This will install the web console inside karaf with the specific karaf
>> plugins and all.
>> What I was proposing is to add something like
>> karaf@root> features:install pax-web
>> that would install pax-web, including war-support, jsp support + a war
>> deployer for fileinstall.
> That would be awesome.
> Is it feasible to create a karaf distribution containing also pax-web?
> --
> Filippo Diotalevi

Guillaume Nodet
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/