felix-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [karaf] Including support for plain wars using pax-web
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 09:08:39 GMT
So If you launch a bare karaf, you can do the following:

karaf@root> features:install webconsole

This will install the web console inside karaf with the specific karaf
plugins and all.
What I was proposing is to add something like

karaf@root> features:install pax-web

that would install pax-web, including war-support, jsp support + a war
deployer for fileinstall.

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 10:52, Filippo Diotalevi
<filippo.diotalevi@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 11:23 PM, Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think one important use case for karaf is to deploy web
>> applications.  To better support that, I'd like to add an optional
>> feature descriptor to karaf to support deploying the full pax-web
>> container (including jsp support and all) so that people just have to
>> drop their jar in the deploy folder (or deploy it using the pax url
>> handler or any other mean).
>> Thoughts ?
> I just started to use Karaf (so honestly i don't know what's an
> optional feature descriptor) but using it to develop web application
> is definitely my goal.
> So I don't have really any suggestion yet, but you have all my support for that!
> --
> Filippo Diotalevi

Guillaume Nodet
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/