felix-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Karaf 1.1.0 snapshot] Some possible issues on features
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 19:08:02 GMT
Thanks for reporting.   Could you raise JIRA about those two issues.
I think both should be fixed asap.
If you're fancy working on patches, just say so ;-)

2009/10/1 richard shi <kmshi_array@yahoo.com>:
> All,
> Please have a look at these 2 possible issues:
> 1. Start Karaf 1.1.0 snapshot, type "features:install webconsole", at first, it will
throw an exception "can not get org.apache.felix.karaf.webconsole.admin-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar",
run "osgi:list", you can see some bundles listed in this feature(like org.apache.felix.metatype)
are installed. My point is if the feature install failed then the newly installed bundles
should be uninstalled.
> 2. I manually added the missed webconsole bundles into system/ folder or modified the
poms & descriptors to assembly the needed bundles into distribution packages, and now
"features:install webconsole" works. In the apache-felix-karaf-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-features.xml,
I found the http port was 8181, and it did listen on that port, but after I restarted the
karaf, this time, it listened on default 8080 port. This means the configuration in feature.xml
setting can not survive after framework restart.
> All comments are welcome.
> Thanks,
> --Richard

Guillaume Nodet