felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig Phillips" <lcphill...@praxiseng.com>
Subject launching felix: changes from 1.x to 2.x
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2009 18:18:19 GMT
I'm posting to the group, sort of as a way of cheating... I printed out the 17 pages on embedding
felix for release 2.0.1 and I'm sort of trying to empty my head and to in to it as if "cold";
I tried playing around with my existing 1.x launcher and sort of tweak a few lines, but that
went no where (AFAICT), and started to get a little frustrated... So, in a cheat way,  was
wondering if someone out there could maybe take a look at my 1.x snippet and reply back with
an equivalent 2.x snippet.. To no avail, my 1.x snippet:
import org.apache.felix.main.Main;
import org.apache.felix.framework.Felix;
import org.apache.felix.main.AutoActivator; // now defunct
Felix felix = null
System.getProperties().setProperty(Main.CONFIG_PROPERTIES_PROP, "file:conf/config.properties");
Properties configProps = Main.loadConfigProperties();
List<AutoActivator> list = new ArrayList<AutoActivator>();
list.add(new AutoActivator(configProps));
Map map = new StringMap(configProps, false);
felix = new Felix(map, list);
If someone out there can do a translation, I'd be much appreciative...
Thanks, Craig Phillips, Praxis Engineering, Inc.