felix-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ConfigAdmin] Updating a configuration with the same properties
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 10:15:38 GMT
Hi,

Guillaume Nodet schrieb:
> While playing with fileinstall, it seems I found the following.  If
> the configuration admin is told to update a configuration, it does so,
> even if there is no change at all.   Would it be possible to optimize
> that a bit and only do the processing if the configurations are
> actually different ?  I've had a look at the spec and haven't found
> anything specifically related to this issue, so I've no idea if it
> would be TCK compliant or not.
> But it might be worth the try ...
> Thoughts ?

Well, IIRC the spec states exactly what has to be done during the
Configuration.update(Dictionary) call: store the properties and send an
update event and call ManagedService[Factory] service.

So, in my understanding there is no option to just do nothing.

TCK-wise: The TCK does as mandated by the spec and always operates as
requested.

I am not sure, whether it is really a good idea to try to optimize on
the level of the ConfigurationAdmin service.

Regards
Felix