felix-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal for a new NOTICE file
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 12:51:00 GMT
In general I'm +1, with one exception :)

>     This software was developed at the Apache Software Foundation
>     (http://www.apache.org) and may have dependencies on other
>     Apache software licensed under Apache License 2.0.
While the above sentence is true, I personally would read it that the
project does not know if they have dependencies to other Apache
software (so for me if someone says "may" I conclude that he doesn't
know) :) Maybe that's just me not being a native speaker?

What about simplifying the sentence along these lines:
This software was developed at the Apache Software Foundation
(http://www.apache.org) and contains software licensed under
the Apache License 2.0.

Carsten

--